Last Modified: January 20, 2015
By downloading or using the Service and/or clicking on a button indicating Your consent to the Agreement, You agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If You do not accept these terms, then You may not download or use the Service. In addition, when using the Service, You shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such Service, features or offers that may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
NAVER may amend this Agreement within the scope which does not violate relevant laws and regulations by publishing amended version on the Service. You accept that by doing this, NAVER had provided You with sufficient notice of the amendment. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of any such amendment constitutes Your agreement to be bound by such amendment.
For the purposes of this Agreement:
- 1.1 “Service” means LINE DICTIONARY Application, incorporating the Service Content and User Translation provided by NAVER and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- 1.2 "Service Content" means dictionary contents provided within this Service such as words, sentences, and voice, etc.
- 1.3 “User Translation” means the Service Content translated by the users of the Service.
2. Use of Service
- 2.1 You must be at least fourteen (14) years old to use the Service. The use of the Service by anyone under the age of fourteen (14) years old is unauthorized and unlicensed. NAVER does not intentionally nor unintentionally collect information from children or the minor in cases where their parent or legal representative have not consented to the use of NAVER’s Service by the minor.
- 2.2 The Service is free of charge dictionary application providing the Service Content and the User Translation to the users. Within the Service, You may voluntarily create User Translation based on the Service Content and allow other users to read and rate Your User Translation. You may also share the Service Content and User Translation with others through social network services. You may use the Service only for personal purposes, not for commercial purposes. You will not acquire any rights to the Service Contents or User Translation provided through the Service, except the limited right granted by NAVER in Article 3 below.
- 2.3 In order to keep the Service up-to-date, NAVER may make available updates/upgrades to the Service. If You do not download such updates/up-rades, You may not receive certain features and/or functionality and/or You may lose certain features and/or functionality of the Service.
- 2.4 You shall not do any act which interferes with server and network systems of this Service (acts in a manner that does not allow access to the server and the network access of the Service without authorization – the use of automated programs such as BOT etc, DDos attack, etc.) or interrupts the provision of this Service. You shall not be involved in the acts to impersonate NAVER or disseminate false information in relation with the Service. You must use this Service at Your own responsibility, and shall be fully liable for any consequences from Your use of the Service.
- 3.1 Upon Your download or use of the Service and the Service Content, NAVER grants You a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access, view, download, use, transmit and translate such Service Content, solely for the use of the Service and the provision of the User Translation on the Service, subject to the terms of this Agreement. Under such license, You are granted to create User Translation which will be used only in relation to the Service, and prohibited from using, displaying, publishing, or transmitting User Translation for other Services.
- 3.2 The Service is owned and operated by NAVER and the Service Content is either owned by NAVER or legitimately licensed to NAVER by the licensor for the Service. Copyright in or to the Service Content is and will remain the exclusive property of copyright owners and is protected by the copyright laws of the Republic of Korea, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- 3.3 You shall not use the Service Contents or User Translation beyond the scope stipulated in this Agreement. You must not copy, redistribute, sell, rent, lease, convey, reconvey or sublicense the Service Content or User Translation. You must not duplicate or otherwise reproduce (including but not limited to “burning”) the Service Content or User Translation, or any portion thereof, onto any physical medium, memory or device, including but not limited to CDs, DVDs, computers or other hardware, or any other medium now known or hereafter devised. You must use the Service in compliance with all applicable laws. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to NAVER.
4. User Translation
- 4.1 The users who translate the Service Content retain the copyright to the creation of User Translation. For the users who created User Translation, You grant to us a worldwide, exclusive, royalty-free, and sub-licensable right to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, electronically transmit, publicly display, publically perform, edit, modify, adapt, exploit and prepare derivative works (collectively, “Use”) based on Your User Translation in connection with the Service and business of NAVER and its subsidiaries and affiliates or the Service of the third party licensed by NAVER. You also grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to use, copy, transmit and share User Translation through social media services.
- 4.2 By submitting User Translation, You represent and warrant to us that You own all of the rights to such User Translation and that Your User Translation does not and will not (i) infringe the copyright, trademark, publicity/ privacy right or other intellectual property right of any third party; (ii) violate any applicable law or (iii) violate the rights of, or cause physical, financial, or other harm to, any person or entity.
- 4.3 You acknowledge that the content similar or identical to Your User Translation (“Similar or Identical Content”) may have been or may in the future be submitted to NAVER by other persons, or may have been or may in the future be made public by other persons. You agree that You are not entitled to any compensation from NAVER, will not assert any claim against NAVER, and NAVER will not be liable to You, for any matter relating to such Similar or Identical Content, including the reproduction, sale, distribution, public display, public performance, exploitation of, and the making of derivative works based on such Similar or Identical Content.
- 4.4 You acknowledge that NAVER does not pre-screen any User Translation, posted by You or other users but that NAVER and its affiliates shall have the right (but not obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any User Translation. NAVER and its affiliates shall have the right to remove any User Translation that violate the Agreement or is otherwise objectionable, as well as to terminate Your access to the Website. You agree that NAVER has no liability or responsibility for the storage or deletion of any User Translation that You submit or post.
5. Copyright Infringement Notification
- 5.1 If You believe the User Translation or comments within the Service violate Your copyright or if You are the legal representative to represent the copyright holder, You may send the takedown notice to our registered email addresses with the following information.
- 5.2 NAVER will take following measures when we receive a takedown notice as indicated above. NAVER immediately takes down the User Posting at issue; NAVER notifies the user who posted such User Posting; and If NAVER does not receive a response from such user within 14 days, we continue suspending the display of the User Posting and ultimately delete it.
6. Changes and Suspension of the Service
NAVER, if necessary, may change the content or function of this Service. NAVER may temporarily suspend this Service for the maintenance of telecommunications equipment, replacement and failure, and communication disruptions or under any reasonable circumstance for the operation of the Service. NAVER may implement regular checkup, if required for the provision of this Service, and, in the course of the regular checkup, it may temporarily suspend the provision of this Service. NAVER may suspend this Service for other reasons, such as technical, regulatory, or commercial reasons.
7. Posting Advertisement
NAVER may place, display, and show ads of NAVER or a third party within the Service.
- 8.2 We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. Any parent or guardian who believes that a child may have provided personal information to us should contact us at the following addresses. In such case, we will immediately take necessary actions to delete the personal information of children under 14.
- 9.2 If You wish to delete User Translation, he or she may delete the User Translation within the Service. If You fail to delete User Translation before terminating Your account, the You may request the Service operator to delete User Translation from the Service by emailing to the following addresses.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
USE OF THE SERVICE, SERVICE CONTENT AND USER TRANSLATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY NAVER OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF NAVER CREATES A WARRANTY, AND THE SERVICE, SERVICE CONTENT AND USER TRANSLATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NAVER AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, AND THEIR EQUIVALENTS UNDER THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION . NAVER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, FREE OF VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR OTHERWISE SECURE. NAVER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE, TABLET, LAPTOP OR DESKTOP DEVICE, COMPUTER SYSTEM, OTHER HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
11. Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, NAVER AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY RELATED TO THE SERVICE, THE SERVICE CONTENT AND USER TRANSLATION, SUCH AS ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, OR USE OF THE SERVICE, THE SERVICE CONTENT AND USER TRANSLATION OR ANY ASSOCIATED PRODUCT, EVEN IF NAVER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. USE OF THE SERVICE, THE SERVICE CONTENT AND USER TRANSLATION, AND SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. FOR FREE OF CHARGE SERVICE, NAVER AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS INCORRED TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NAVER and its affiliates against any losses, liabilities, claims, causes of action, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of investigation, whether before or after assertion of a formal claim, and reasonable litigation expenses) arising out of or relating to (i) Your use of and access to the Service, (ii) Your violation of any term of this Agreement, (iii) Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right, or any claim that Your User Translation caused damage to a third party, or (v) Your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
13. Governing Law; Disputes
The laws of the Republic of Korea, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that might arise between You and NAVER. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under this Agreement shall be commenced and be heard in the appropriate court in the Republic of Korea. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Republic of Korea.
14. Complete Agreement and Severability
This is the entire agreement between us and You regarding the Service and supersedes all prior understandings regarding such subject matter. If any term or condition of this Agreement is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or condition.
15. Contact Information
For any question about the Service, please contact Customer Service by email to following addresses.